October 19, 2009 2 Comments
Let me preface this post by referring the gentle reader to 2 truly magnificent summaries of the events that transpired last Saturday afternoon in Dallas:
Go check them out, but here are the thoughts of a random UT alum/fan watching the game from the comfort of his home in Houston:
- Due to a Saturday morning family tradition (grocery shopping), I missed most of the first half. No worries I taped the game and after watching the first half, I’m kind of glad I didn’t watch it live because I easily avoided shaving 2 to 3 years off of my life.
- I know that Texas’ offensive coordinator Greg Davis’ play-calling is well, offensive but seriously speaking is it not obvious that his spontaneous flashes of “brilliance” (running the Wildhorn after repeatedly punching the OU D in the mouth) have the great potential to cost his team a shot at the National title?
- Before the season is out, will we see Will Muschamp go Buddy Ryan on the strangely Kevin Gilbride-like Greg Davis?
- Stay classy OU player. Defensive lineman Jeremy Beal’s bush league attempts to hurt Colt McCoy at the end of the game seem to be what a Bob Stoops-led team is about.
- Speaking of Stoops, here is a sobering thought: Bob Stoops has 6 conference titles, Mack Brown only has one. Hopefully Mack adds to his grand total this season.
- Earl Thomas, consider yourself “absolved” of what happened last year in Lubbock. Led the Horns in tackles, 2 tackles for a loss, 1 forced fumble, and if not for a meddling teammate, should have scored recovering the fumble he forced. How clutch is Texas’ safety Earl Thomas? Like the guy occupying the bottom half of this pic, he leaves it all on the field [Thomas’ photo credit: Rodolfo Gonzalez/AMERICAN-STATESMAN]: