The Vatican Commits Cardinal Sin
February 24, 2010 2 Comments
Back in college, I knew a guy who was a huge Beatles fan. On numerous occassions, I cheekily compared the Fab Four to a then-upstart Oasis. If looks could kill, his glare would have rendered me asunder.
Of course I made the comparison in jest because let’s face it, Oasis is nothing more than a Beatles tribute band with “original” material.
Which leads us to the Vatican’s cardinal sin, likening Oasis to the Be-uhls. At least according to the following slideshow (see slide #5):
In case you’re wondering, here are the Vatican’s top 10 albums to have in case you’re shipwrecked:
1. Revolver by the Beatles
2. If I could Only Remember My Name by David Crosby
3. The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
4. Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
5. The Nightfly by Donald Fagen
6. Thriller by Michael Jackson
7. Graceland by Paul Simon
8. Achtung Baby by U2
9. (What’s the story) Morning Glory by Oasis
10. Supernatural by Carlos Santana
How many Hail Mary’s do you get for ripping up the Pope’s picture? Or do you just get to sit in timeout?