President Obama for Heisman
October 9, 2009 Leave a comment
We’re about a third of the way through the college football season, and most pundits have their lists of contenders for the prestigious Heisman trophy.
Gene Menez at SI.com:
1. Florida’s Tim Tebow (concussion and all)
2. Notre Dame’s Jimmy Clausen (let’s just give it to him since he goes to Notre Dame)
3. Texas’ Colt McCoy (still riding the wave of last year’s amazing run)
4. Cincinnati’s Tony Pike (“I was at Tony’s house”)
5. Miami’s Jacory Harris (his mom had an attack of the clevers when naming him)
Fox Sports, don’t ask me why, has McCoy as the front runner followed by Tebow and Clausen and some other candidates.
Forget UH’s Case Keenum and Kansas’ Todd Reesing, let me present another darkhorse candidate whom, based on current history, has the potential to steal this thing at the end: President Barack Obama.
I know, I know, the President doesn’t currently play college football but he might. On the strength of this potential, the Prez has not only a puncher’s chance but a real possibility of taking home the hardware come December.
If anything let’s just give it to the man on the strength of the following pose in Mack Brown’s office:
Hail to the Chief indeed!