The Brut Sun Bowl? Beelieve it!
December 31, 2007 4 Comments
Needless to say, found myself drawn to college football on this sunny New Year’s Eve. With the absence of cable in our household, the only game available for this college football fan’s viewing pleasure is the Brut Sun Bowl which pits the Oregon Ducks against the South Florida Bulls.
Don’t laugh at the matchup, mid-season this was beginning to look like a possible national title game then a) the Oregon O-line had to open their mouths on the Jim Rome Show and b) South Florida remembered that they are, well South Florida.
I post this with the game in-progress since the outcome means precious little to this Longhorn fan, but some observations:
1) When did South Florida fans start rooting for the ‘Horns? Sorry Bulls fans only one school can have that handsign and it’s not yours.
2) Interesting how the game’s sponsor doesn’t get mentioned by the team calling the game or sideline reporter Sam Ryan (watch any other bowl game and listen for how often the sponsor gets mentioned).
3) A mohawk only looks cool if your team is winning
4) How in the world does this game get picked up by CBS while the Holiday Bowl is relegated to ESPN?
5) Wonder if part of the swag was a bottle or 2 of Brut 33 (Oh the memories…)