OU Relegates UT to Big 12 Cellar with Clutch Performance
October 6, 2007 Leave a comment
Though Texas did lose against the Sooners today, I must say that they put up a better fight than I thought they would.
If only Texas coach Mack Brown (below) would drop a “The Sooners were who we thought they were… And we let them off the hook…” line at the postgame press conference…
I feel your pain Mack…
Nevertheless, OU beat Texas 28-21 in today’s Red River Rivalry (used to be Shootout but I guess that’s not politically correct anymore).
As a UT fan/alum I’ve come to the realization that this year might be a down year in Austin. Being a student during the tail end of the Mackovic era, I’ll take 10, 9 or even 8 win seasons as down years. I suppose this shows how far Coach Brown has brought this program.
Some thoughts from the game:
- Bob Griese is not the best color analyst but his “Texas is tight ending Oklahoma to death” line was very colorful
- Texas RB Jamaal Charles is not being utilized in a way which takes advantage of his blazing speed and inability to hold on to the ball in crucial situations
- Mack Brown needs to pick Urban Meyer’s brain on how to use 2 talented quarterbacks in an efficient and productive manner
- Newsflash: Texas’ Linebackers got abused today by the Sooners
- Texas tight end Jermichael Finley is a beast and will play on Sundays
- Missing: Limas Sweed
- At some point Texas Offensive Coordinator Greg Davis is going to have to be held accountable for his atrocious play-calling
- After this game, Texas might be unranked for the first time in a long time