Enough with the Holocaust comparisons!!!
December 22, 2006 Leave a comment
Another day, another example of reason succumbing to emotionalism. This time coming from the voice of the people, “U.S. Hispanic groups and activists”.
As most people who watch the news know, ICE (Deptartment of Immigration and Customs Enforcement) has been raiding meat processing plants among other businesses suspected of hiring undocumented workers (“illegal aliens” for the bloodthirsty among you).
Well as expected, LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) and other leftist activist groups don’t appreciate ICE’s efforts to enforce laws already in the books, and are crying foul. Now, understand that these good people have a right to
whine protest, the Constitution allows it.
The issue that I want to focus on is the irrationality of the response from some of these good people. Here’s a quote from Democratic Party activist Carla Vela (lit. Carla Candle):
“This unfortunately reminds me of when Hitler began rounding up the Jews for no reason and locking them up…”
A couple of things here:
- I have not checked on Vela’s age but I can’t imagine she’s old enough to remember Hitler’s implementation of his plans
- Hitler didn’t round up Jews (let’s not forget gypsies, homosexuals, the infirm, and Christians who protected Jews) for ‘no reason.’ He had a reason and a good one according to his warped worldview. He wanted to create a master race (speed up the human evolution, if you will) and saw the aforementioned groups of people as obstacles to achieving this.
- Hitler killed most of the people he had rounded up. An estimated 6 million people killed because they were seen as ‘unfit’. As far as I know ICE is not setting up camps and gassing the arrested workers. I know, I know it’s only a matter of time right Carla?
- The people Hitler rounded up were probably not picked up because of expired visas
- The president of Iran might have a bone to pick with Carla since he doesn’t believe the Holocaust happened. That would be grand to see that debate, a lefty being forced to defend the Jewish people, classic.
Ah, but the madness doesn’t end there, LULAC also had a prized quote from their president, Rosa Rosales (lit. Rose Rosebushes, what is it with these names and alliteration?):
“‘We are demanding an end to these immigration raids, where they are targeting brown faces. That is major, major racial profiling, and that cannot be tolerated,’ said Rosa Rosales, president of the League of United Latin American Citizens, at a news conference.”
Racial profiling? Rosa, we’re not a race. In fact, if a person is of Mexican descent and born in the U.S. (as I’m sure Ms. Rosebushes is) the birth certificate says “Caucasian” under the “race” category. So Rosa, would you be OK if ICE raided undocumented people from across all ethnic groups? Say if ICE busted into IKEA to look for undocumented Swedes? Would you call it “racial profiling” then?
What I find puzzling about all this is the appeal to the Law to stop these raids. Yet these raids are enforcing that same Law. My people are being destroyed for lack of rational thought…